News and Events
The Leonard Cheshire Research Centre is pleased to hold its first seminar of the UCL Global Disability Research Seminar Series on Tuesday 30th October, 5-6pm.
The Impact of Exposure to Media Coverage of the 2012 Paralympic Games on Mixed Physical Ability Interactions
Dr Mark Carew, Research Fellow at the Leonard Cheshire Research Centre, UCL
Timings and Location
When: Tuesday 30th October 2018, 5-6pm
Where: Room G13, 1-19 Torrington Place, London WC1E 7HB
To register, please visit https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-impact-of-exposure-to-media-coverage-of-the-2012-paralympic-games-on-mixed-physical-ability-tickets-51068306680 to obtain more information and register for this event.
The event is free of charge and everyone is welcome!
You can see see a list of our past events on our Eventbrite page
We are delighted to announce Leonard Cheshire has become an official nominating agency of the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC).
This year Leonard Cheshire can nominate up to 15 persons with disabilities from our pilot countries to be considered for fully funded CSC Master's or PhD scholarships with UK universities starting in September/October 2019.
Our pilot countries for 2019 are Bangladesh, Kenya, Uganda and Zambia. A maximum five of the 15 applications can be for a PhD scholarship reflecting CSC's operational quotas for awards.
The process in order to be considered as a Leonard Cheshire nominee is outlined below. We would encourage anyone interested to review the eligibility criteria and complete the short application form as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
1. Step One: Complete the short application form and email it to email@example.com - this process will include summary information and the candidate's proposed area of study
2. Step Two: Successful short form applicants will then be invited to complete the long application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org - this process will include a more detailed plan of study
3. Step Three: Successful long form applicants will then be invited to complete the CSC's online form, the Electronic Application System (EAS) - this process will build on the information already provided in steps 1 and 2, plus supporting documents
Please note the following deadlines, however, we strongly encourage applying as soon as possible.
- Deadline for short application form: Sunday, December 2nd at 16:00 GMT
- Deadline for full application form: Sunday, December 9th at 16:00 GMT
- Deadline for online application form: Wednesday, December 19th at 16:00 GMT
For full details of the scheme, please visit the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission's website here