- The socio-ecological determinants of physical activity
- The relationship between the built environment and physical activity
- The relationship between social capital and physical activity
- The relationship between sleep quality and weight status
PhD studying the interaction of the built environment and the social environment in the generation of physical activity in adults.
IMPACT PhD Studentship funded by UCL and the Glasgow Centre for Population Health: July 2014 – present, UCL
Research Assistant on the Active Buildings study: March 2013 – July 2014, UCL
Research Assistant (part-time): October 2012 – March 2013, UCL
- MSc in Health Psychology , UCL
- MA (Hons) in Psychology , University of Edinburgh
- L. Smith, O. McCourt, A. Sawyer, M. Ucci, A. Marmot, J. Wardle, and A. Fisher. Editor's Choice: A review of occupational physical activity and sedentary behaviour correlates. Occup Med (Lond) (2016) 66 (3): 185-192. doi: 10.1093/occmed/kqv164
- Sawyer A, Fisher A, Llewellyn C, Gregory AM. Self-reported sleep quality, weight status and depression in young adult twins and siblings. BMC obesity. 2015;2:50. doi:10.1186/s40608-015-0079-8.
- Fisher A, Smith L, van Jaarsveld CHM, Sawyer A, Wardle J. Are children’s activity levels determined by their genes or environment? A systematic review of twin studies. Preventive Medicine Reports. 2015;2:548-553. doi:10.1016/j.pmedr.2015.06.011.
- Spinney, R., Smith, L., Ucci, M., Fisher, A., Konstantatou, M., Sawyer, A., … Marmot, A. (2015). Indoor Tracking to Understand Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviour: Exploratory Study in UK Office Buildings. PLoS ONE, 10(5), e0127688. http://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0127688
- Marcella Ucci, Stephen Law, Richard Andrews, Abi Fisher, Lee Smith, Alexia Sawyer & Alexi Marmot (2015): Indoor school environments, physical activity, sitting behaviour and pedagogy: a scoping review, Building Research & Information, DOI: 10.1080/09613218.2015.1004275
- Smith, L., Hamer, M., Ucci, M., Marmot, A., Gardner, B., Sawyer, A., … Fisher, A. (2015). Weekday and weekend patterns of objectively measured sitting, standing, and stepping in a sample of office-based workers: the active buildings study. BMC Public Health, 15, 9. http://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-014-1338-1
- Sawyer A, Smith L, Schrempft S, van Jaarsveld CHM, Wardle J, & Fisher A. Primary caregiver knowledge of paediatric physical activity recommendations in the United Kingdom and its association with caregiver behaviour: an observational study. BMC Public Health. 2014;14:795.
- Smith L, Ucci M, Marmot A, Spinney R, Laskowski M, Sawyer A, Konstantatou M, Hamer M, Ambler G, Wardle J, & Fisher A. Active buildings: modelling physical activity and movement in office buildings. An observational study protocol. BMJ Open. 2013;3: e004103.