International Clinical Trials Day 2017
To celebrate International Clinical Trials Day the Institute of Clinical Trials and Methodology held a special event entitled Key Advances in Clinical Trials (opens programme) on Friday, 19th May 2017 at the Front Quad Events Venue, in Gower Street. This event showcased some of the recent ground-breaking trials activity conducted at the four clinical trials units at ICTM.
You may find the presentations of all talks below:
- Welcome by Professor Max Parmar, Director, Institute of Clinical Trials and Methodology
- Meta-analytical methods to identify who benefits most from treatments: daft, deluded, or deft approach? by Mr David Fisher, MRC Clinical Trials Unit at UCL
- The 10 Top Tips Study by Dr Becca Beeken, PRIMENT Clinical Trials Unit
- ATTIRE Trial Results by Dr Alastair O’Brien, Comprehensive Clinical Trials Unit
- Single-Arm Studies in the Regulatory Process by Dr Gianluca Baio, PRIMENT Clinical Trials Unit
- The History of Evidence Synthesis to Assess Treatment Effects, Keynote Lecture by Prof Sir Iain Chalmers, James Lind Initiative
- RATHL Trial: Risk-adapted Treatment for Patients with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma by Dr Laura Clifton-Hadley and Ms Amy Kirkwood, Cancer Research UK & UCL Cancer Trials Centre
- TEMPER Trial Results by Mr William Cragg, MRC Clinical Trials Unit at UCL (no slides available)
- How to Summarise the Treatment Effect when Survival Curves have Unusual Shapes by Dr Hakim-Moulay Dehbi, Cancer Research UK & UCL Cancer Trials Centre
- REALITY Trial Results by Dr Mags Thomason, MRC Clinical Trials Unit at UCL
You can also see the videos and programme of last year's event.