Study at the ICTM
The Institute of Clinical Trials & Methodology (ICTM) is primarily research focused but has a strong commitment to teaching and education. ICTM degree programmes provide a strong foundation of the knowledge and skills needed to conduct clinical research in both academic and pharmaceutical industry settings, nationally and internationally.
Our face-to-face MSc in Clinical Trials is open for applications for a September 2017 start. This programme provides an excellent grounding in the management and design of clinical trials, and will enhance the knowledge and understanding of those already working in the field. Our Clinical Trials and Methodology MPhil/Phd programme aims to train and mentor the next generation of trialists and methodologists, allowing them to develop their scientific skills and experience.
We also offer a number of short courses in clinical trials conduct and methodology, with places available to clinical trialists both within and external to ICTM.
- Graduate Taught Programmes (MSc)
Applications are now open for our MSc Clinical Trials programme, with classes starting in September 2017.
- Graduate Research Programmes (MPhil/PhD, MD(Res))
ICTM offers two graduate research degree programmes:
- MPhil/PhD Clinical Trials and Methodology
- MD(Res) Clinical Research
- Undergraduate Programmes (BSc)
- Short Courses
The ICTM offer a number of short courses throughout the year, in order to both ensure that ICTM staff working on clinical trials are properly trained, and also to share the expertise of our staff with those working on clinical trials outside of ICTM.
A list of short courses we currently run can be found below:
- Independent Data Monitoring Committees (next course: 13 September 2017)
- Public and Patient Involvement (PPI) (next course: 1 November 2017)
- An Introduction to Design and Analysis of Clinical Trials: Statistics for Non-statisticians (next course: 18-19 January 2018)
- Using simulation studies to evaluate statistical methods (next course: 22 May 2018)
- Practical use of multiple imputation to handle missing data in Stata (next course: 1-2 February 2018)
See our cancellations policy.
- Training Resources