Confocal microscopy core facility
Inverted Leica SP2
A Leica SP2 inverted confocal microscope with a wide range of excitation lasers. The Leica SP2 uses variable spectral detection system instead of traditional emission filters.
The system has a limited number of laser lines for excitation and the dyes are limited by these. Any dye that is excited at one of these following wavelengths can be used: 405; 458; 476; 488; 514; 543; and 633 nm (check online or ask Bertrand if you are not sure which dye to use).
For multiphoton microscopy, a Femtosecond Spectra Physics Saphire/Tsunami pump laser is used.
Filter cubes for DAPI, FITC and TRITC are installed for standard fluorescence viewing prior to scanning. Transmitted light illumination is also available.
- Leica HC PL APO 10x NA 0.4 Dry
- Leica N PLAN 20x NA 0.4 Corrected Dry
- Leica HC PL APO 20x NA 0.7 Dry
- Leica HCX APO L 40x NA 0.8 Water
- Leica PL APO 63x NA 1.4 Oil
- Leica HCX PL APO CS 100x NA 1.25 Oil
1st floor Philip Ullmann Wing
Ext : 2247
- Z sectioning
- Good for fixed samples
- Live imaging (single XY position, gases and temperature controlled)
- Spectral imaging available
- FRET and FRAP
- multiphoton imaging (deep tissue penetration)
- One XY point experiment (no XY motorised stage)
- User operation £20 per hour
- User operation £10 per hour of overnight time-lapse
- Staff operation £50 per hour
- Training session £50 per hour
Page last modified on 22 nov 12 11:37 by Bertrand Vernay