Publications by iBSc Paediatric Students
- Michael Nally (2012-13) Propofol anaesthesia is safe in children with food allergy undergoing endoscopy
- Bryony Alderman (2010-11) Reconciling Parenthood with a Medical Career. Bryony Alderman, Dr Fiona Cornish, Dr Jean McEwan Feb 2013
- Charlotte Davies (2010-11) High prevalence of food sensitisation in young children with liver disease: a clue to food allergy pathogenesis? Pediatric Allergy Immunol 2012: 00: 000–000.
- Daniel Funnell (2010-11) Quantitative valuation placed by children and teenagers on participation in two hypothetical research scenarios J Med Ethics medethics-2012-100523Published Online First: 19 July 2012 doi:10.1136/medethics-2012-100523
- Fiona Price-Kuehne (2010-11) Preliminary validation of the paediatric vasculitis activity score (PVAS). Pediatric Rheumatology 2011 9 (Suppl 1):O15
- Fiona Price-Kuehne (2010-11) Anti-Neutrophil
Cytoplasmic Antibodies Stimulate Release of Neutrophil Microparticles.
Hong Y, Eleftheriou D, Hussain AAK, Price-Kuehne, FE et al.
Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, January 2012, 23:1.
[external source element is broken]
error message: unsubscriptable object
error message: unsubscriptable object
- Katherine Cohen (2015-16) Holes in the Net: A study of safety netting provided by paediatric trainees in the Emergency Department. K Cohen, H Jacob, B Lloyd, J Raine. Arch Dis Child 2016;101:A129 doi:10.1136/archdischild-2016-310863.226
- James Williams (2014-15) Validation of the Airway-Dyspnoea-Voice_Swallow (ADVS) scale and Patient-Reported Outcome Measure (PROM) as disease-specific instruments in paediatric laryngotracheal stenosis
- James Willams (2014-15) Paper http://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/7/2/e012989
- Erik Makmur (2013-14) Validation of the Airway–Dyspnoea–Voice–Swallow (ADVS) scale and Patient-Reported Outcome Measure (PROM) as disease-specific instruments in paediatric laryngotracheal stenosis. S.A.R. Nourael, E.Makmur,A.Dias, C.R. Butler, R.Nandi, M.J. Elliott, R. Hewitt.
- Arya-Nousheh Moore (2012-13) An exploration of parents' view on shared care in paediatric oncology. A Moore, H Mackinnon, G Sen, W King. Arch Dis Child 2014;99:A104-A105 doi:10.1136/archdischild-2014-306237.239
- Eleanor Beagley (2012-13) Mental Health needs of Looked After Children in one of the most deprived boroughs in England. E.Beagley, G Hann, N Al-Bustani. Arch Dis Child 2014;99:A69 doi:10.1136/archdischild-2014-306237.164
- Ashira Rabinowitz (2012-2013) An Exploration of Clinician's Understanding and Application of Guidelines Regarding Contraceptive Advice and Treatment for Females Under 18 Years old. A.Rabinowitz, L.Noble, J. Kavanagh
- Lucy Thomas (2012-2013) Unmet health needs identified during child protection medical assessments and their follow-up: A one year retrospective review of medical reports. L. Thomas
- Charlotte Cumby (2011-12) Low
levels of knowledge on the assessment of underweight in children and
adolescents among middle-grade doctors in England and Wales. Arch Dis
Child 2013, 10.1136/archdischild-2012-303357
- Zhi Yap (2011-12) Exome
sequencing identifies DYNC2H1 mutations as a common cause of
asphyxiating thoracic dystrophy (Jeune syndrome) without major
polydactyly, renal or retinal involvement. J Med Genet. 2013
May;50(5):309-23. doi: 10.1136/jmedgenet-2012-101284. Epub 2013 Mar 1.
- Alex Willsher (2011-12)
How commonly do children with complex cerebral arteriopathy have
renovascular disease? Dev Med Child Neurol. 2013 Apr;55(4):335-40. doi:
10.1111/dmcn.12050. Epub 2012 Dec 18.
- Alice Swordy (2011-12) The impact of social issues on the health of children presenting to two tertiary paediatric sickle cell centres. Arch Dis Child, 2013; 98: Suppl 1 A80; doi:10.11136/archdischild-2013-304107.187
- Fiona Price-Kuehne (2010-11) Disease activity assessment in childhood vasculitis: development and preliminary validation of the Paediatric Vasculitis Activity Score (PVAS) Ann Rheum Dis 2013;72:10 1628-1633 Published Online First: 25 October 2012
- David Reynolds (2010-11) Howarth L J, Reynolds D, Hill S. G189 15 year experience of clinical volvulus at a quarternary gastroenterology centre. Arch Dis Child 2013, 98: A86
- Kate Cohen (2015-16) Association of Paediatric Emergency Medicine: RCPCH Conference, Birmingham, 2016: Holes in the Net: A study of safety netting provided by trainees in the Emergency Department. K Cohen, H Jacob, B Lloyd, J Raine
- Sabie Rainton (2014-15) British Association of Paediatric Surgery conference, 'Is general oedema a predictor of mortality in neonates undergoing emergency laparotomy for necrotising enterocolitis'
- Sara C. Tho-Calvi (2014-15) British Paediatric Neurology Association annual conference 2016 oral presentation- won the prize for best medical student presentation and European Society for Paediatric Neurosurgery annual congress 2016 oral presentation. 'Clinical features, course and outcomes of paediatric moyamoya from a ten year cohort from Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children'
- Ashira Rabinwotz (2013-14) Young Persons Health Special Interest Group: British Society of Paediatric Dermatology: RCPCH Conference, Birmingham,2013. An exploration of clinicians' understanding and application of guidelines regarding contraceptive advice and treatment for females under 18 years old. A Rabinowitz, L Noble, J Kavanagh.
- Lucy Thomas (2013-14) Symposium- Child Protect Special Interest Group: RCPCH Conference, Birmingham, 2013. Unmet health needs identified during child protection medical assessments and their follow-up:A one year retrospective review of medical reports. L Thomas.
- Arya-Nousheh Moore (2013-14) UK Children's Cancer and Leukaemia Group: British Paediatric Haematology Society: RCPCH Conference, Birmingham 2013. An exploration of parents' view on shared care in paediatric oncology. A Moore, H Mackinnon, G Sen, W King.
- Shivan Kotecha (2013-14) 26th Annual Meeting of the European Academy of Childhood Disability, July 3-5 2014, Vienna, Austria. Abstract as Poster presentation: "Do cognitive profiles of children with ASD presenting for second opinion differ from the general population"
- Robert Tuckwell (2013-14) European Academy of Paediatric societies conference, Barcelona 19 Oct 2014. Abstract: "Adolescent Care in ICU: European Society of Paediatric & Neonatal Intensive Care (ESPNIC) Survey."
- Eleanor Beagley (2012-13) Poster Presentation at the RCPCH conference in April 2014. Mental Health needs of Looked After Children in one of the most deprived boroughs in England. E.Beagley, G Hann, N Al-Bustani
- Arya-Nousheh Moore (2012-13) Children’s Cancer and Leukaemia Group (CCLG) Supportive Care Education Day, Weston House/Great Ormond Street Hospital, 13/9/2013 Abstract Presentation An exploration of parents’ views on shared care in paediatric oncology.
- Alex Willsher (2011 - 2012) Presented at the 10th European Congress of Neuropathology, Edinburgh, June 2012. A novel population of neural progenitors in the infant hippocampus. S Paine, N Sebire, T Jacques.
- Charlotte Cumby (2011-12) Feeding disorders conference 2012. Low levels of knowledge on the assessment of underweight in children and adolescents among middle-grade doctors in England and Wales.
- Elizabeth Redman (2011-12) British Academy of Childhood Disability Annual Scientific Conference 2013 Poster Presentation. Improving the understanding and management of communication impairment in children with cerebral palsy: Who should be referred to a tertiary service and how?ʼ
- Elizabeth Redman (2011-12) London Deanery 4th Annual Paediatrics Conference 2012 Oral Presentation. ʻOur experiences of reflectionʼ
- Alice Swordy (2011-12) International Oral Presentation: 6th Europaediatrics Conference, Jointly held with The RCPCH Annual Conference 5-8 June 2013. The impact of social issues on the health of children presenting to two tertiary paediatric sickle cell centres.
- Frances Warden (2011-12) European Paediatric Rheumatology 20th Congress, Slovenia PReS-FINAL-1018 Can the CD4/CD8 ratio be used as a predictive biomarker in extended to be oligoarticular JIA?
- Hannah Warren (2011-12) 10th European Congress of Neuropathology, Edinburgh, June 2012. Poster A novel population of neural progenitors in the infant hippocampus.
- Bryony Alderman (2010-11) British Academy of Childhood Disability, BACD 2nd March 2012. The use of trihexyphenidyl in the management of childhood dystonia- Can a tool be developed to monitor the efficacy and tolerability of this medication?
- Charlotte Davies (2010-11) British Transplantation Society Conference, 15th annual congress 22nd-24th February 2012, Glasgow. Poster, The prevalence of de novo food allergy in paediatric renal transplant patients.
- Charlotte Davies (2010-11) Royal College of paediatrics and child health. 2012 Annual conference. Glasgow. Tuesday 22nd March 2012. Poster, The prevalence of de novo food allergy in paediatric renal transplant recipients.
- Charlotte Davies (2010-11) The Transplantation Society. Wednesday 18th July 2012. 24th international congress of the transplantation society. Berlin. Poster, The prevalence of de novo food allergy in paediatric renal transplant recipients.
- Charlotte Davies (2010-11) European society for paediatric nephrology (ESPN). Saturday 8th September 2012. ESPN Annual scientific meeting. Krakow, Poland. Poster, The prevalence of de novo food allergy in paediatric renal transplant recipients.
- Laura Haynes (2010-11) National Poster Presentation: RCPCH Annual Conference 2012. Child Protection in Haringey: A Prospective Observational Study and Audit of Child Protection Procedures in Two London Hospitals.
- Laura Haynes (2010-11) National Poster Presentation, British Association for the Study and Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect (BASPCAN) Congress 2012, Belfast, 15-18 April 2012.
- Emma Illingsworth (2010-11) British Sarcoma Group Conference 2013, Nottingham – 27/02/13 – 01/03/13. Symposium – Increasing Sarcoma Awareness Amongst Junior Doctors.
- Daniel Ketley (2010-11) Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, Glasgow May 2012. The management of intoxicated young people in the Emergency Department: A Pan-London service evaluation.