Shape-Up weight management group running at UCL
Would you like to take part in a programme that will help you manage your weight, improve your wellbeing and your quality of life? Wellbeing@UCL will be supporting Shape-Up in 2018.
The programme runs for eight weeks and participants will need to purchase a Shape-Up book for £16.99, however there is no charge for the weekly sessions.
Watch out for dates in 2018.
10 Minute Mind
Would you like to take the stress out of your day in only 10 minutes?
If so, sign up to UCL’s "10 minute mind".
Life can be stressful. It can be hard to keep up with the demands of life. With UCL’s "10 Minute Mind" programme you can learn to manage your stress and relax in only 10 short minutes a day.
During this programme you will be emailed a short guided mindfulness track every morning. All you need to do is take 10 minutes to sit somewhere quiet, put your headphones on and listen. It’s that easy!
The results are profound and far-reaching. Mindfulness has been scientifically proven to reduce stress, increase focus and overall feelings of happiness and wellbeing.
Yoga classes for staff - new slow-flow lunchtime yoga
Classes are by donation
Wednesdays 11.45 – 12.45 Improvers
Fridays 12 – 13 Beginners
Studio S13, UCL Institute of Education, 20 Bedford Way, WC1H 0AL.
Who can practice yoga?
- Everyone! All ages, shapes and sizes.
- The classes are designed for complete beginners, or those wanting to re-cap on the basics.
Some benefits of yoga:
- Mindfulness practices such as yoga can have a beneficial effect on our physical, mental and emotional well-being, including increased strength and flexibility, better management of stress, a softening of the thinking mind, greater creativity and improved decision making. Come and experience for yourself!
What to bring/wear?
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes that you can easily move in and a warm jumper for the warm-up/cool down.
- Yoga mat.
- The classes are drop-in but must be booked in advance, by emailing Michelle.
- If you would like to hold a yoga class in your faculty or department then contact Michelle.
The stretching – across the spine and chest – felt so good. And I hadn’t felt so relaxed for a long time.
Thank you for your classes, I really enjoy them and get a lot from them.
Just wanted to say thank you for running this course! Can’t believe how fantastic I feel, I do feel energised and I can’t wait for next week :) Many thanks again.