Internal Recruitment Pilot Scheme
Guidance on the pilot of advertising roles internally only.
Open-ended roles across UCL may be advertised internally-only for a minimum of two weeks (if a suitable redeployee is not found). Research, teaching, and academic posts are out of scope. This is an optional scheme and recruiting managers can choose whether to advertise internally only.
The purpose of the pilot scheme is to:
- support our staff by improving career progression opportunities and talent management without external competition.
- improve the diversity of staff in more senior roles, by promoting our diverse pool of staff in lower grades.
- to take advantage of the existing skills and knowledge within UCL.
- Roles that may be advertised internally only
- Process for advertising roles internally
- Progressing to external advert if no internal candidate is appointed
Who should read this policy
Last updated: Monday, August 2, 2021