Honorary Associations with UCL
This guidance document provides information on how to confer the various honorary titles to eligible individuals (where appropriate).
The following guidance includes how the processes for conferring each different type of honorary status will be managed.
The guidance document also gives information and descriptions of the types of role which can have honorary status:
- Honorary Professor
- Visiting Professor
- Honorary Associate Professor (previously Honorary Reader of UCL)
- Honorary Associate Professor ( Formerly Honorary Senior Lecturer)
- Honorary Lecturer
- Honorary Senior Research Fellow
- Honorary Research Fellow
- Honorary Research Assistant
There are links to other processes which may need to be instigated for example if the role requires a Disclosure and Barring Check and a right to work check which is required for all roles.
- Honorary Associations with UCL
- Disclosure and Barring checks
- Right to Work
- Honorary Titles
- Honorary Request Form.doc
- School of Life and Medical Sciences
Who should read this policy
- All staff
Last updated: Tuesday, November 3, 2020