Lab Leader Live: Best practices for securing research funding
20 January 2022
Join President and Provost, Michael Spence, and a panel of leading experts to discuss current challenges and best practices for securing research funding. This online webinar is open to researchers from all disciplines.
This 90 minute Zoom webinar is the first in a series of Lab Leader Live events taking a closer look at the challenges impacting researchers across UCL. On 14 February we will focus on best practices for securing research funding.
Wayne Clark, from The Global Growth Institute, will be interviewing an expert panel on their experiences of securing research funding and advice they would give to others trying to overcome the various hurdles to getting research projects off the ground. Audience members will have an opportunity to ask the panel their own questions either by submitting them in advance or posting them in the meeting chat. If your question is not answered on the day, we will endeavour to provide written answers after the session.
Confirmed panel members include:
- Michael Spence, President and Provost
- Alan Thompson, Dean of the Faculty of Brain Sciences
- Nathan Richardson, Director for Research Programmes at the Medical Research Council
- Gill Bates, Professor of Molecular Neuroscience at UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology
- Shanie Mahadeo, Professor of Molecular and Cellular Biology and head of the UCL Molecular Biology Development and Disease (MBDD) laboratory
- Sinead Kennedy, Director of Research Coordination and Planning, School of Life and Medical Sciences
Lab Leader Live events are part of the Lab Leader Series, a collection of interviews with UCL research leaders providing insight into what it takes to build successful research teams and projects. Find out more on the Lab Leader Series website.