Call for applications for chair and members of UCL staff Disability Equality Steering Group
26 May 2021
Call for applications now closed: The Disability Equality Steering Group (DESG) is recruiting for a new co-chair, and for new group members.
UCL's staff Disability Equality Steering Group:
- Meets every six weeks to discuss disability equality at UCL.
- Organises events of interest to disabled staff.
- Liaises with UCL students, other staff equalities networks, and departments across UCL to improve accessibility and inclusion.
The group is currently recruiting an additional co-chair for DESG, and for new group members to join in summer 2021.
Are you interested in being co-chair?
- Please read the , and terms of reference.
- You must identify as disabled or as neurodivergent (‘allies’ who are not disabled are not eligible to apply for chair).
- You can be any UCL staff member in any role type.
- You must be able to commit to chairing for three years (2021-2024).
Are you interested in becoming a steering group member?
- Please read the terms of reference.
- New DESG members can be any UCL staff member in any role type, who identify as disabled, neurodivergent, or who want to be an ally to disabled staff.
- Applications from UCL staff who have skills in communications are particularly encouraged (such as social media, copy writing and communication planning), or in HR (policy, processes, management) – but all applications are welcomed.
How to apply
- The call for applications closed on 30 June 2021.