The session is available for those who have joined the Friends of Out@UCL network and those wishing to join.
This session is for anyone who wants to support LGBTQ+ equality at UCL; whether in a student facing role; line manager or supervisor of staff; or member of a staff team.
The Friends network and training session are initiatives from the UCL LGBTQ+ Equalities Advisory Group (UCL LEAG) – the steering group of the Out@UCL staff network group.
The session will include:
- why Friends / allies and tangible support actions are important at work
- identifying and discussing in a safe space how staff can perform as a Friend/ally and factors which might hinder and assist this performance
- clarity on personal actions staff can take going forward in their roles at UCL.
By the end of this session, you will have a fuller understanding of:
- to better understand the role of being an ally
- to gain confidence in identifying and challenging behaviour and language that is offensive to LGBTQ+ colleagues and clients
- to raise awareness and champion LGBTQ+ equality