Personal effectiveness training for all staff. To book and find out more about each course, please visit the UCL training booking system (UCL log in is required).
Term one programmes are now open for self-booking.
|Programme name||Duration||Cohorts per year||How to book|
|Conflict resolution||90 minutes||2||Self-booking|
|Facilitation skills||90 minutes||3||Self-booking|
|Overcoming your imposter syndrome||1/2 day||4||Self -booking|
|Powerful presentations||90 minutes||3||Self-booking|
|Courageous conversations||1 day||3||Self-booking|
|Personal effectiveness and confident networking||1 day||3||Self-booking|
|Resilience and resourcefulness||1 day||3||Self booking|
|Understanding and embracing change||1 day||2||Self booking|
|Project Management - the basics||1 day||3||Self booking|
|Project Management - complex||1 day||3||Self booking|
We have grouped LinkedIn Learning online video tutorials (collections) which mirror some of the programmes' objectives. If you are unable to attend these programmes, please see the collections below.
This programme is designed for staff to learn how to be assertive without being aggressive.
- How assertive are you? (A self-evaluation)
- What stops you from being assertive?
- The effects of being unassertive
- How to express your ideas without feeling guilty or intimidated
Learn how to recognise and handle conflict
- The different types of conflict
- Your preferred conflict-handling style: a self-evaluation
- A simple step-by-step process for resolving conflict
- Interpersonal skills for resolving conflict
This programme is designed for staff to learn how to confidently facilitate a group discussion.
- What is facilitation? How and when do we facilitate?
- The 3 key principles of facilitation
- The skills of a great facilitator
- Asking the “right” questions
This programme is designed for staff to learn how to confidently deliver a presentation with impact.
- A simple 3-step template for preparing your presentation
- A very powerful 3-step template for delivering your presentation
- The 3 things all great presenters do 3
- Designing PowerPoint slides and handling a Q&A session effectively
This programme is designed for staff to learn how to withstand or recover from difficult situations.
- Building positive beliefs
- Take responsibility
- Seeing the bigger picture
- The 7 core principles for building your resilience