Improve your knowledge of ‘race’ in the workplace and develop allyship behaviours; for leaders grade 7 and above.
Inclusive Leadership is a new programme that aims to improve knowledge of ‘race’ in the workplace and develop allyship behaviours to support Black and Asian staff, and staff from other marginalised ethnicities.
About the programme
This is a 4-week programme with a time commitment of 12 hours. It has a mixture of self-paced learning, virtual and face to face workshops.
- Design is governed by UCL’s positive action strategy on race equity
- Designed to challenge barriers and support ‘uncomfortable’ conversations
- Includes self-paced online learning module (that everyone can access)
By the end of this leadership programme, you will:
- Become an active participant in creating an inclusive and anti-racist culture in UCL
- Recognise and challenge structural barriers in the workplace
- Develop a toolkit of allyship behaviours
- Practise the skills to embark on “difficult” conversations about race based on scenarios and career barriers routinely experienced by BAME staff
- Become an inclusive leader able to negotiate, influence, listen, coach and collaborate
- Benefit from peer coaching to plan how to become a more inclusive leader
This programme is open to all staff at grade 7 and upwards who manage teams.
How to apply
This course is run through a nominations process, you can find full details about the process, including application dates, by clicking the link below.