UCL History staff make regular appearances on radio, television and in other media.
Below you can find some selected examples of what our staff have been up to. Individual staff profile pages contain more detail about our staff members' media experience. We also frequently share details about staff activities on our New and Events page, as well as on social media, especially Twitter.
- Valentina Arena interviewed for UCL's European Institute podcast, COVID-19: The Pandemic and Europe, May 2020
- Vivienne Lo interviewed on BBC World Service CrowdScience progamme 'How did Humans Discover Medicine?', February 2020.
- 'Violence and Conflict': Eleanor Robson appeared on Radio 4's Start the Week programme in January 2019.
- Valentina Arena appeared on Radio 4's In Our Time to talk about the Roman orator Cicero, January 2018.
American History and Politics
- Kathleen Burke appears on Channel 4 News, July 2019.
- Kathleen Burke interviewed for Radio 4 programme 'The Moral Maze: The Morality of Leadership', March 2019.
- Stephen Conway interviewed as part of the 'Monologue for Two' series, March 2019.
Medieval and Early Modern History
- John Sabapathy was interviewed for the UCL Minds podcast Coronavirus: The Whole Story - What can we learn from the history of pandemics?, May 2020
- Ben Kaplan was interviewed by the Dutch magazine Elsevier about UCL's Chair of Dutch History and his work as a Low Countries historian in London.
- Tim Gibbs interviewed on Voice of Islam Radio and Radio France Internationale about Black History Month and Postcolonialism.
- Florence Sutcliffe-Braithwaite interviewed on BBC Radio 4 programme 'Anthony Blunt: A Question of Retribution', June 2020
- Vivienne Lo interviewed on BBC4 TV programme 'A Very British History: The British Chinese', February 2020.
- Margot Finn interviewed for The Wonder House podcast, January 2020.
- Nathaniel Morris interviewed by the FT, January 2020.
- Margot Finn gives Royal Historical Society Presidential Address, available as a podcast, December 2019.
- Heather Jones interviewed for BBC2 documentary, A House Through Time, April 2019.
- Heather Jones contributes to major three part television series on the Irish War of Independence, February 2019.
- 'Remembering the Silence': Heather Jones appears on armistice documentary for Radio 4, November 2018.
- Melvyn Stokes appeared on BBC Radio Berkshire to discuss postwar cinemagoing in Britain and the career of the film actress Valerie Hobson, October 2018.
- The Evening Standard published an article (pdf) on the 'British Cinema-going in the 1960s' project's immersive screening of Barbarella, January 2018.