Eligibility and procedure to apply for an internal transfer (from other UCL departments).
- All students wishing to transfer must meet our usual A-level (or equivalent) entry requirements
- Marks for UCL modules will also be taken into account for students transferring after completing the first year of another programme.
- Students who have previously been rejected from a History programme will not be accepted for transfer.
- All transfer students must start a History programme in Year 1.
How to apply
In the first instance, please submit a personal statement of up to 1000 words, stating which History programme (History/ Ancient History/ History with a European Language/ History with a Year Abroad) you want to transfer to, and explaining why you want to transfer, and a letter of recommendation from member of staff in your current department (e.g. module tutor or personal tutor) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that additional materials (including a subject-related essay) may be requested.
Successful applicants will be required to submit a formal application for a programme change via the C2RS (Changes to Registration Status) portal in Portico. Internal applicants should not apply via UCAS.
- We accept transfer applications from 1 July until the first day of the Term 1. Applications received after this may be considered at the Admissions Tutor’s discretion, subject to UCL regulations.
- Applications made by 15 August will receive a decision by 1 September
- Applications made between 15-31 August will receive a decision by 15 September.
- Applications made between 31 August and the first day of Term 1 will receive a decision by the end of the first week of Term 1.
For initial queries, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that UCL History does not accept transfers from other universities. External applicants must apply through UCAS to start in Year 1.