UCL History welcomes study abroad students to the department each term. Study abroad students are known as 'affiliate students' at UCL.
Interested in applying to study at UCL History for academic year 2020-21? Or have you already applied and accepted an offer to study?
The department is one of the best in the world for its research and teaching, scoring 94% for teaching satisfaction in the 2016 National Student Survey. We are unique in that you can study 5,000 years of human history here - an unparalleled breadth of scholarship.
We currently host some of the very best students from all regions of the world and provide a diverse, dynamic and stimulating environment for learning.
As a study abroad student you will:
- Study exciting and inspiring history courses, including ancient, medieval, early modern and modern options.
- Study alongside regular UCL and international students, benefiting from UCL's world-class teaching system and renowned academics.
- Have the flexibility to take courses across a range of UCL subjects and departments, tailoring your course to your own particular interests in this area.
- Have access to your own academic tutor (known as an 'Affiliate Tutor').
- Be encouraged to integrate into UCL student life, with access to events, societies and clubs both within your department and across UCL as a whole.
- Benefit from the prime London location and resources through the surrounding libraries, museums and institutes.
Life at UCL History through our students' eyes:
We spoke to Annie Kline, an overseas student from Cornell University in Ithaca, New York about her experience as an overseas student at UCL.
- UCL Study Abroad pages (admission, term dates, fees, application)
- Study Abroad guide (information on UCL's study abroad programme)
If you are hoping to study at UCL History as an Erasmus student, please check an Erasmus agreement is in place with your institution before applying via UCL Central Admissions.
If you have any questions about studying with UCL History, please contact the UCL History Study Abroad Administrator, Claire Prescott.
We look forward to welcoming you to UCL History!