Modules running in 2020/21 for students on MA History and MA European History
Students should refer to the degree structure when selecting modules. Please ensure that you discuss your module selections with the Degree Tutor.
• Atlantic History, 1450-1810: New Approaches B
• Britain and Decolonization Since 1945
• Colonialism in Sub-Saharan Africa
• Controversies and Debates in First World War Studies
• Crisis and Future in 19th Century European Thought - Description TBC
• Gender and Sexuality in Modern Britain
• Public History, Slavery, and the British Imperial Past
• Memorialisation: Remembering violence and mass conflict
• Nations, Empires, and Homelands: Key Themes in 19-Century Native American History
• Slavery, abolition and emancipation in Africa, 19th-20th centuries
• The Enlightenment
• The South Sea Bubble: Causes, Crisis and Consequences
• The United States and Latin America from the Monroe Doctrine to the 'War on Drugs'
• Unity before union: the idea of Europe in the modern era