MHRA Medical Devices Consultation
11 October 2021
The MHRA is inviting members of the public to provide views on possible changes to the regulatory framework for medical devices in the UK.
The purpose of the consultation is to develop a future regime for medical devices which enables:
• Improved patient and public safety;
• Greater transparency of regulatory decision making and medical device information;
• Close alignment with international best practice, and;
• More flexible, responsive and proportionate regulation of medical devices.
The MHRA welcome the views of patients, medical device researchers, developers, manufacturers and suppliers, clinicians, other healthcare professionals and the wider public to help shape future approach to regulating medical devices in the UK.
UCL Institute of Healthcare Engineering is responding to this consultation in two ways.
- Encourage UCL staff with vested interest in medical devices regulations to submit a personal response to the call by completing the MHRA online survey here. This online survey closes on 25 November 2021 at 11:45pm.
- IHE will be submitting an institutional response and we are inviting colleagues to share with us any specific views and concerns that they feel should receive institutional representation. To submit your views please complete this form. Comments will be collated until 25th October 2021.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (IHE R&D Manager)