Dr Henry Potts
Institute of Health Informatics
- Joined UCL
- 1st Sep 2003
Henry's research focuses on the adoption and use of new information and communication technologies in healthcare from a sociotechnical perspective. Current work focuses on m-health (apps) and novel electronic health records (e.g., Personal Health Records). He is also interested in the challenges of evaluation in digital health.
Henry also publishes as a methodologist, with interests in systematic reviewing and interdisciplinary work.
Henry is the Programme Director for the MSc/PGDip/PGCert in Health Data Analytics, within which he is module lead for Statistical Methods in Health Data Analytics, and deputy for Research Methods in Healthcare.
He also teaches on the Institute's two other postgraduate programmes, in Health Informatics and in Data Science for Health & Biomedical Research. He leads a new module on Citizen-Driven Informatics for the former and is deputy for Advanced Statistics in Records Research for the latter. He contributes to several other IHI modules, using both traditional methods, but also a blended learning environment using Moodle. His dissertation students have won the Best Dissertation Prize on the Health Informatics programme two years running (2017-8).
Henry also teaches on the MSc programmes in Health Psychology and in Behaviour Change.
He has multiple PhD students in IHI and other UCL departments.
- Other Postgraduate qualification (including professional), ATQ01 - Successfully completed an institutional provision in teaching in the HE sector |
- Other Postgraduate qualification (including professional), ATQ07 - Holder of a PGCE in higher education, secondary edu, further edu, life long lear |
- University College London
- Other Postgraduate qualification (including professional), Postgraduate Certificate | 2009
- King's College London
- Doctorate, Doctor of Philosophy | 1999
- University of Oxford
- Other higher degree, Master of Science | 1996
- University of Cambridge
- First Degree, Bachelor of Arts (Honours) | 1991
Dr Henry Potts is an Associate Professor at the UCL Institute of Health Informatics
After degrees at the University of Cambridge, the Institute of Psychiatry (King's College, London) and the University of Oxford, Henry started work for the Imperial Cancer Research Fund (now Cancer Research UK) in Oxford, before moving to UCL's School of Public Policy.
He began an association with CHIME, the Centre for Health Informatics and Multiprofessional Education at UCL, in 2001, taking on a contracted position in 2003. He was promoted to Senior Lecturer in 2010. He is now deputy director of CHIME, now part of the Institute of Health Informatics.