Bringing big health record data to your research
26 September 2016
NOTES OF MEETING
- Principles of funding and resourcing model: this might include both a data sharing model and a central inter-disciplinary team. Principles include: democratising science, reduce barriers to entry, minimise time to project completion and develop and sustain scarce resource (data scientists in high demand).
- EHR data resources with DNA are evolving: researchers need to know what is available now and what is coming.
- Highly relevant across BRCs and across BRC themes. UCLH BRC has new theme Healthcare Informatics genomics, Omics and Data Science.
- Opportunity for UK to standout: institution has opportunity for ‘multiplier’ effect
- Training/Capacity development: ‘people who understand both worlds’: Need worked examples/Need common language/Coding computers for clinicians who make diagnoses/Coding diagnoses for computer scientists who code for computers
- How do we find out more / develop community: Need for group-group discussions /bilaterals /Roadshow / ‘please come to my department’: Need for Data dive / live demonstrations / visualisations of data with data scientists on tap
- Roadmap for existing and proposed new anonymous linkages
PRESENTATIONS FROM MEETING
- Drug discovery and repurposing
- CALIBER Resources, data, methods and tools
- CALIBER Project cycle
We look forward to working with you in bringing emerging big health record data to your research.