In the past 5 years we have worked with journalists, in television and been reported in the international press, most recently our collaborative work on the increasing resistance of HIV to, key drug, Tenofovir.
Second patient free of HIV after stem-cell therapy: Gupta RK, Abdul-Jawad S, McCoy LE, Mok HP, Peppa D, Salgado M, Martinez-Picado J, Nijhuis M, Wensing AMJ, Lee H, Grant P, Nastouli E, Lambert J, Pace M, Salasc F, Monit C, Innes A, Muir L, Waters L, Frater J, Lever AML, Edwards SG, Gabriel IH, Olavarria E. HIV-1 remission following CCR5Δ32/Δ32 haematopoietic stem-cell transplantation. Nature. 2019 Mar 5. doi: 10.1038/s41586-019-1027-4. [Epub ahead of print]
- Associated Press (video)
- UCL News, University of Cambridge News,
- BBC News, ITV News,
- SKY TV news
- New York Times podcast
- The Guardian, Telegraph, Mirror, Metro, Independent, inews, HuffPost,
- Reuters, Al Jazeera,
- CNN, New York Times, USA Today, Washington Post,
- Technology Networks, Science News, New Scientist, The BMJ, Scientific American
- Economist, Rolling Stone, Wired
- France 24, Irish Times
- New Vision (Uganda), All Africa
- New Zealand Herald, ABC Australia, CBC News (Canada)
- mitv (Myanmar ITV), The Economic Times, (India Times)
- HIV-1 drug resistance before initiation or re-initiation of first-line antiretroviral therapy in low-income and middle-income countries: a systematic review and meta-regression analysis.
- MRI Scan may help Identify HIV Lingering in the Brain.
- Is HIV hiding in your brain? MRI scans can identify virus from changes to white matter.
- UCL scientists develop way to use MRI scans for identifying HIV in the brain.
- MRI Scans can help Spot HIV in the Brain.
- How HIV breaches macrophages defences:
- A crisis is emerging in the fight against Aids
- HIV Resistance to Key drug.
- Kick and Kill HIV vaccine.
- HIV vaccine 5 to 10 years away.
- Britain in grip of mumps epidemic after missed jabs: