- ABOUT US
- GET INVOLVED
- CASE STUDIES
- OUR COMMITMENTS
- NEWS & COMMENT
- READ OUR BLOG
- ACCESS GREEN IMPACT
Marking a commitment to providing healthy and sustainable food, Sodexo has achieved the Silver Food for Life Catering Mark at UCL. The university's catering partner since 2014,
Sodexo serves over 26,000 students across UCL's Bloomsbury campus.
Published: Aug 11, 2015 12:17:00 PM
Now in their eleventh year, the Green Gown Awards recognise exceptional sustainability initiatives being undertaken by universities and colleges across the UK. And UCL is a finalist in these awards for its pioneering approach to reducing vehicles on its Bloomsbury campus. More...
Published: Jul 10, 2015 10:11:00 AM
Each year, it costs around £14 million and produces
over 60,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide to power UCL's estate and operations. And to manage
this impact, we must be able to map and measure it.
Published: Jul 1, 2015 10:01:00 AM
With support from the UCL Sustainability Team, the UCL Interaction Centre (UCLIC) is looking for students to develop innovative uses for technology to help make the university more sustainable. The competition has a £500 prize and the winning entry may be implemented across UCL. More...
Published: Jun 12, 2015 12:51:00 PM
How to take part in the Big Easter Switch Off
Use these resources to guide you through the switch off in your department, lab or residence, and to promote your involvement to increase the impact of the campaign.
How to get started
- Put up Big Easter Switch Off posters around your department (available below).
- Send out an email to everyone in your department asking them to Pledge to Switch-Off. You could do this yourself or ask your Departmental Administrator to do it for you.
- Add our Big Easter Switch Off logo to your email footer. See below for the image.
- Tweet and post updates about the Big Easter Switch Off. Why not include the shareable image below?
- Identify some volunteers in your department will be responsible for encouraging people to Switch-off – your Green Impact team is probably a good start. Ask them if they can tweet and put the logo in their email footer too.
- On the day that UCL closes for Easter – use your volunteers and the checklists to ensure everything’s off.
Switch off checklists
- Switch off checklist for residences (Word doc)
- Switch off checklist for departments and divisions (Word doc)
- Switch off checklist for labs (Word doc)
UCL website banner (to fit most UCL websites using the corporate templates)
(Left) Big Switch Off poster (download a pdf version).
(Right) Big Switch Off image to share on your department or division's Facebook and Twitter accounts (download a full-size version).
Email footer - click on the image for a high-resolution version.