Our roof gardens, old buildings and the adjoining squares and gardens provide opportunities for us to keep the UCL campus & community just a little bit wild.
UCL are corporate members of the London Wildlife Trust. They helped us to produce a campus Biodiversity Action Plan for Bloomsbury. Our vision is to provide protection, enhancement and promotion of the natural environment within the estate whilst giving the UCL community the opportunity to have liveable green spaces to enjoy.
- Target species that can be attracted onto UCL’s Estate
- Create new habitats and features
- Provide biodiversity guidance into capital projects & masterplans
- Involve the UCL community in delivering improvements
- Monitor biodiversity on the Estate
- Engage our community on urban wildlife
- Identify academic projects that can be integrated into our Biodiversity Action Plan