Help Bentham switch off this Easter, he's no spring chicken!
20 March 2018
We need your help to save energy this Easter
During the holidays, despite UCL being closed, a vast amount of equipment and appliances are left on, including lights, fridges, printers, chargers, heaters and specialist lab equipment.
Before we ran the Easter Switch Off campaign, UCL spent £26,400 on Easter Sunday alone! Last year thanks to everyone switching off, we saved enough energy to make up to 10 million cups of tea!
With your help we can save more energy and carbon this Easter.
Win £100 for your department
Show your support and help spread the word by pledging to be part of the Big Switch Off.
- The department or division with the highest proportion of their students and staff pledging to switch off will win £100 to spend on eco gadgets or plants in their department.
- The department which saves the most energy will also receive £100 to spend on green items.
To be in with a chance to win, make sure to sign the pledge yourself and then share with friends and colleagues.
Download our resources
Download the following resources to help you safely switch off and promote your involvement!
- Switch Off poster
- Switch Off email footer
- Switch Off banner for web
- Switch Off icon for web
- Switch Off egg poster
- Switch Off Meme
- Switch Off image to share
- Switch Off stickers
- Display your building's live energy data
- View UCL's live energy data
UCL will be closed over the Easter break from Friday 28th March until Thursday 5th April. During this period heating and cooling will only be provided to spaces where there is a critical need to maintain temperatures, such as certain laboratory types, and not to office, research or teaching spaces. More details on heating, and cooling at UCL can be found here.