Green UCL News publication
- Green Impact 2013-14 is now live!
- UCL wins Green Gown Award for Technical Innovation
- UCLoo Festival (Nov 19th - Dec 3rd)
- UCL achieves gold standard in environmental audit
- Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
- Green Impact end of term league table
- Give your feedback and get a £10 Waterstones voucher
- Green Impact February League Table
- Green Volunteering Fair
- WARPit Competition Now On
- UCL achieves Ska Gold rating for Whittington Hospital refurbishment
- Big Easter Switch Off: the results!
- Get Cycling Event: Wednesday 14th May, South Quad
- UCL action for sustainability celebrated at the Green Impact Awards
- Students: give your feedback and get a £10 Waterstones voucher
- Green UCL Annual Report published
- New bike racks installed around UCL
- UCL engineers work with contractors to boost biodiversity
- A new approach to recycling at UCL
- Will your department take part in UCL Green Impact?
- UCL's response to Transport for London's proposed Cycle Superhighways
- Gearing up for a new year
- Become an ambassador for the Mayor of London's Low Carbon Entrepreneur
- UCL backs proposed Cycle Superhighways
- UCL achieves Highly Commended for Sustainable Facilities Management
- The Sustainability Team is recruiting!
- Free hydrogen-powered mulled apple juice and switching off stickers
- Cut down on waste and get an extra £200 in your pocket
- The Christmas Switch Off: your impact
- Free environmental auditor training for students and staff
- Pop-up cycling cafes from London By Cycle
- UCL's People & Planet University League 2015 score
- Share your images of sustainability
- Attend the VSU Green Volunteering Fair
- Celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight 2015
- Come for a free cycling adventure around London
- Green Impact Spring League Table
- Free cycle tours of London (bikes provided!)
- UCL student a finalist in Mayor of London's Low Carbon competition
- Cruciform Hub awarded Gold for green credentials
- Design and create a garden to boost biodiversity at UCL
- UCL IOE Biodiversity Garden Competition winners announced
- UCL's Sustainability Annual Report: our progress
- Free IEMA Approved environmental auditor training for students
- Be part of Junk in the Trunk
- Urban Alchemy
- UCLIC launches hunt to find technological solutions to green challenges
- UCL launches platform to make energy data available to all
- UCL a finalist in the 2015 Green Gown Awards
- Sodexo and UCL awarded Silver Food for Life Catering Mark
- Sustainability excellence showcased at the UCL Green Impact Awards
- 'Whole Earth?' environmental exhibition comes to Gordon Square Gardens
- All departments encouraged to take part in UCL's Green Impact programme
Green Impact, UCL's annual sustainability programme is now live for the 2015-16 period, and all departments and divisions are encouraged to take part. More...
Published: Sep 28, 2015 2:52:00 PM
A new free exhibition will run in Gordon Square Gardens from the 21st September - 16th October, tackling the environmental challenges we face in a changing and increasingly interconnected world. More...
Published: Sep 23, 2015 10:00:00 AM
UCL action for sustainability was celebrated this week at the Sustainability Team's annual Green Impact Awards. Vice-Provost Professor Anthony Smith, Professor Graham Hart, Dean of the Faculty of Population Health Sciences and the Sustainability Team paid tribute to the remarkable efforts of staff and students in creating a more sustainable UCL. More...
Published: Sep 17, 2015 11:26:00 AM
Marking a commitment to providing healthy and sustainable food, Sodexo has achieved the Silver Food for Life Catering Mark at UCL. The university's catering partner since 2014,
Sodexo serves over 26,000 students across UCL's Bloomsbury campus.
Published: Aug 11, 2015 12:17:00 PM
WARPit Competition Now On
18 February 2014
Between Tuesday 18th, until Friday 28th February, the member of staff that lists the most items* on UCL's WARPit site will win some brilliant Fairtrade prizes (as well as the knowledge that you’re making a real reduction to our environmental impact!)
Time for a spring clean?
If you’ve got unwanted items or equipment in your department, don’t chuck them: save money, resources and energy - list them on WARPit, UCL’s platform for giving, sharing and loaning.
Never used WARPit before?
If you’ve never used WARPit before, now is the perfect time to get started. It’s simple to use and is an easy way to share your unwanted items. Sign up here: www.warp-it.co.uk/ucl.
If you’d like help or advice using WARPit, just get in touch with Paul Monk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*We’ll exercise our judgement when it comes to really small items (for the purposes of the competition, 100 paper clips won’t be counted as 100 items listed. If you’re unsure what your items will count as, just get in touch).