Green UCL News publication
- Green Impact 2013-14 is now live!
- UCL wins Green Gown Award for Technical Innovation
- UCLoo Festival (Nov 19th - Dec 3rd)
- UCL achieves gold standard in environmental audit
- Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
- Green Impact end of term league table
- Give your feedback and get a £10 Waterstones voucher
- Green Impact February League Table
- Green Volunteering Fair
- WARPit Competition Now On
- UCL achieves Ska Gold rating for Whittington Hospital refurbishment
- Big Easter Switch Off: the results!
- Get Cycling Event: Wednesday 14th May, South Quad
- UCL action for sustainability celebrated at the Green Impact Awards
- Students: give your feedback and get a £10 Waterstones voucher
- Green UCL Annual Report published
- New bike racks installed around UCL
- UCL engineers work with contractors to boost biodiversity
- A new approach to recycling at UCL
- Will your department take part in UCL Green Impact?
- UCL's response to Transport for London's proposed Cycle Superhighways
- Gearing up for a new year
- Become an ambassador for the Mayor of London's Low Carbon Entrepreneur
- UCL backs proposed Cycle Superhighways
- UCL achieves Highly Commended for Sustainable Facilities Management
- The Sustainability Team is recruiting!
- Free hydrogen-powered mulled apple juice and switching off stickers
- Cut down on waste and get an extra £200 in your pocket
- The Christmas Switch Off: your impact
- Free environmental auditor training for students and staff
- Pop-up cycling cafes from London By Cycle
- UCL's People & Planet University League 2015 score
- Share your images of sustainability
- Attend the VSU Green Volunteering Fair
- Celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight 2015
- Come for a free cycling adventure around London
Join the London by Bike team on a free cycling adventure around London; discover new routes, boost your cycling confidence and enjoy a free lunch or dinner on us when you finish.
Published: Feb 16, 2015 10:27:00 AM
Fairtrade Fortnight is 23rd February - 8th March, and all staff and students are encouraged to get involved.
Published: Feb 10, 2015 1:15:00 PM
UCLU Volunteering Services Unit present the Green Volunteering Fair. Come along to find out about a world of opportunities to get involved. More...
Published: Feb 9, 2015 9:41:00 AM
Green UCL is gathering your interpretations and visualisations of key sustainability themes for their Annual Report. Winning entries will receive a £50 prize and coverage in this widely-read report. More...
Published: Jan 28, 2015 2:42:00 PM
Green Impact 2013-14 is now live!
23 October 2013
This is an exciting time for Green Impact at UCL. After lots of work, discussion and feedback from previous participants, this year's workbook is now live. Last year, an incredible 25 departmental teams took part in the programme, from engineering to languages, to the careers service and libraries. This year, we're working to make this number even higher.
CEGE win Gold at the 2012 Green Impact award ceremony
Break big changes into simple steps
We know that reducing your environmental impact can be a real challenge. Green Impact helps by breaking down environmental improvements into simple, manageable actions. These actions are set out in an online workbook that makes taking action easy, more participatory and more fun. And UCL's Environmental Sustainability team is on hand to provide help, every step of the way.
Build on your successes
Last year, departments made ran some amazing projects as part of Green Impact. For instance, the team of the Division of Psychology and Language Sciences ran their own Green Awareness Day and also brightened up a grey area of Bedford Way by creating a garden. But it's not all about big actions. By simply joining and using WARPit (a website for UCL staff to share resources and equipment), teams across the university are helping to save energy, resources and money.
Before and after: the Division of Psychology and Language Sciences garden
Students are also a vital part of the programme. When it comes to auditing departments at the end of the year, we recruit students and provide them with a recognised training to help them do this. We'll also recruit and train students to work alongside any staff Green Impact team that thinks it would benefit from some extra help.
Find out more and get involved
Green Impact runs from October 2013 - March 2014. You can find out about the programme here.
You can register your team’s Green Impact workbook at: www.greenimpact.org.uk/ucl.
Contact the UCL Environmental Sustainability team to find out more: alex.green[at]ucl.ac.uk