Green UCL News publication
- Green Impact 2013-14 is now live!
- UCL wins Green Gown Award for Technical Innovation
- UCLoo Festival (Nov 19th - Dec 3rd)
- UCL achieves gold standard in environmental audit
- Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
- Green Impact end of term league table
- Give your feedback and get a £10 Waterstones voucher
- Green Impact February League Table
- Green Volunteering Fair
- WARPit Competition Now On
- UCL achieves Ska Gold rating for Whittington Hospital refurbishment
- Big Easter Switch Off: the results!
- Get Cycling Event: Wednesday 14th May, South Quad
- UCL action for sustainability celebrated at the Green Impact Awards
- Students: give your feedback and get a £10 Waterstones voucher
- Green UCL Annual Report published
- New bike racks installed around UCL
- UCL engineers work with contractors to boost biodiversity
- A new approach to recycling at UCL
- Will your department take part in UCL Green Impact?
- UCL's response to Transport for London's proposed Cycle Superhighways
- Gearing up for a new year
- Become an ambassador for the Mayor of London's Low Carbon Entrepreneur
- UCL backs proposed Cycle Superhighways
- UCL achieves Highly Commended for Sustainable Facilities Management
- The Sustainability Team is recruiting!
- Free hydrogen-powered mulled apple juice and switching off stickers
- Cut down on waste and get an extra £200 in your pocket
- The Christmas Switch Off: your impact
- Free environmental auditor training for students and staff
- Pop-up cycling cafes from London By Cycle
- UCL's People & Planet University League 2015 score
- Share your images of sustainability
- Attend the VSU Green Volunteering Fair
- Celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight 2015
- Come for a free cycling adventure around London
- Green Impact Spring League Table
- Free cycle tours of London (bikes provided!)
- UCL student a finalist in Mayor of London's Low Carbon competition
- Cruciform Hub awarded Gold for green credentials
- Design and create a garden to boost biodiversity at UCL
- UCL IOE Biodiversity Garden Competition winners announced
- UCL's Sustainability Annual Report: our progress
- Free IEMA Approved environmental auditor training for students
- Be part of Junk in the Trunk
- Urban Alchemy
- UCLIC launches hunt to find technological solutions to green challenges
- UCL launches platform to make energy data available to all
Each year, it costs around £14 million and produces
over 60,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide to power UCL's estate and operations. And to manage
this impact, we must be able to map and measure it.
Published: Jul 1, 2015 10:01:00 AM
With support from the UCL Sustainability Team, the UCL Interaction Centre (UCLIC) is looking for students to develop innovative uses for technology to help make the university more sustainable. The competition has a £500 prize and the winning entry may be implemented across UCL. More...
Published: Jun 12, 2015 12:51:00 PM
The construction and demolition projects taking place as part of UCL's transformation have been brought to life by the Department of Chemistry's Artist in Residence.
Published: May 28, 2015 2:51:00 PM
Hate waste? Want to help items left in UCL residences go to good causes?
Published: May 20, 2015 11:30:00 AM
Get Cycling Event: Wednesday 14th May, South Quad
12 May 2014
This Wednesday (14th May) from 11am-3pm in the South Quad, London Cycling Campaign and friends will be hosting a free cycling event.
Come to the South Quad for:
- Free bike checks and maintenance
- Competitions to enter
- Free tea and coffee
- Opportunities to find out more about free cycle training
- A short led ride
- A workshop on cycle maintenance
- 12.30pm: cycle maintenance workshop - learn how to fix your own bike!
- 1.00pm: led ride around Bloomsbury. London Cycling Campaign have got a lovely easy route planned, led by experienced instructors. You don’t need to be a regular or confident cyclist, and you don’t even need to have a bike! You can borrow one of theirs – take your pick from our selection of Dutch style bikes, single speeds and Bromptons. Meet at their stand at 12.45pm for a 1pm start – you should be back at UCL by 2pm.
If you have any questions about this event, please get in touch with Green UCL.