Staff Green Champions
Staff Green Champions support UCL’s sustainability agenda and help improve UCL’s environmental performance. The UCL Academic Manual now stipulates that all departments should have a member of staff charged with environmental responsibilities and having a Green Champion is an excellent way to achieve this. The role is flexible and varied, but you could:
- Ensure that your department takes part in UCL's Green Impact programme.
- Ensure that colleagues are aware of your contact details and role as Green Champion.
- Use your department's social media sites to help spread awareness about UCL's sustainability events and initiatives.
- Communicate new initiatives (such as recycling bins) to colleagues to generate understanding and support.
- Attend and participate in forums and meetings of the Green Champion network.