- ABOUT US
- GET INVOLVED
- CASE STUDIES
- OUR COMMITMENTS
- ACCESS GREEN IMPACT
Hate waste? Want to help items left in UCL residences go to good causes?
Published: May 20, 2015 11:30:00 AM
Published: May 19, 2015 5:03:00 PM
This Annual Report (2013-14) marks our successes and challenges in creating a more sustainable university. Richard Jackson, Director of Sustainability, introduces the report and thanks the UCL community for their invaluable contributions to this progress.
Published: May 19, 2015 1:01:00 PM
The UCL Institute of Education gardens provide a haven for wildlife (and UCL staff and students), on the roof of the UCL Institute of Education. And for the past month, members of the UCL community have been given the opportunity to submit their designs for one of four biodiversity-supporting raised beds in the gardens.
Published: May 14, 2015 4:16:00 PM
Student Green Champions
Becoming a Green Champion is a great way to improve the environmental impact of your department, boost your sustainability literacy and is a great addition to your CV. Student Green Champions support UCL’s environmental sustainability agenda and help improve UCL’s green performance. As a student Green Champion, you could:
- Make sure that you complete Green UCL's Environmental Awareness moodle course as part of your induction. This is an essential introduction to the key concepts of sustainability and what these mean for UCL.
- Ensure that your department takes part in UCL's Green Impact programme, and help with its delivery.
- Use social media sites like Facebook and Twitter to help spread awareness about Green UCL events, programmes and initiatives.
- Ensure that students are aware of your contact details and role as Student Green Champion.
- Encourage and gather ideas and feedback from peers on ways of improving UCL’s green performance and to pass these onto the Ethics and Environment Officer or Environmental Sustainability team.
- Attend Ethics and Environment and Green Champions' Forums.
- Attend training/information sessions on environmental issues.
- Participate in volunteering activities such as those listed on our programmes pages.
Become a student Green Champion
If you'd like to become a Green Champion, or if you have any questions about the role, please contact Lead Green Champion Janet Hope.
- Subscribe to the monthly UCL student sustainability updates about events, programmes and initiatives from across the university. You can find a sign-up form here.