Find out more about UCL's Remuneration Committee, including terms of reference, membership, meetings and minutes.
On this page you will find:
Subject to any general or particular direction that may from time to time be given by Council, the Remuneration Committee is charged by Council:
- To determine on appointment and review the salary of the Provost, to review performance and approve the salaries of the Vice-Provosts, Vice-Presidents and Deans, and to approve the salary of any other new member or promotion of non-clinical staff earning £180,000 or more, or any adjustment to salary for this group of staff above 3% of salary.
- To maintain oversight of the application of UCL's reward strategy to senior staff (i.e. grade 10). To receive an annual report summarising discretionary payments for all staff earning £150,000 or over. This will include comparative information with the previous year and applicable benchmarking information for the period.
- To consider and approve any proposed severance payments in excess of £100,000.
- In discharging its responsibilities, Remuneration Committee must consider:
- the context in which the University operates
- senior remuneration in the context of remuneration of all staff
- equality, diversity and inclusion data as relevant to the Committee's terms of reference
- benchmarking data as relevant to the Committee's terms of reference
- the public interest and safeguarding of public funds alongside the interests of the institution.
- To provide an annual report to Council on the conduct of its business.
- The quorum of the Remuneration Committee shall be half of the total members of the Committee.
- The number in ( ) indicates length of continuous service in years, up to and including the 2020-21 session. Length of service is not indicated for ex officio, student members, or observers.
Vice-Chair of Council (Chair)
Baroness Jo Valentine
Chair of Council
Mr Victor Chu
Three External Members of Council, appointed by Council on the recommendation of Nominations Committee
- Ms Lindsay Nicholson (4)
- Mr Turlogh O'Brien (4)
- Lord (John) Sharkey (4)
Mr Douglas Bertram
- Thursday 7 October 2021, 09.30am
- Thursday 5 May 2022, 09.00am
- Thursday 14 July 2022, 09.30am