UCL and University of the Witwatersrand are pleased to invite proposals for the development of collaborative activities
Please note this funding call closed on 1 December 2021.
Following a successful call in 2019 and 2020, University College London (UCL) and the University of the Witwatersrand (Wits) are contributing joint funds to support collaborative education and research initiatives through a joint call for proposals for the development of collaborative activities. The panel encourage PhD and post-doctoral researchers to apply.
- This call invites research proposals in areas of mutual interest and complementarity strengths that will strengthen the partnership between UCL and Wits.
- Proposals must include participants from both institutions.
- Proposals from all fields are welcome.
- Proposed funding in each application should be somewhat evenly balanced between the UCL and Wits participants.
The PIs at UCL must be UCL staff members with the following roles:
- Professor or equivalent
- Senior Lecturer/Principal Researcher/Principal Research Associate or equivalent
- Lecturer/Reader/Senior Research Associate or equivalent
- Post Doc/Researcher/PhD student/Research Associate or equivalent – eligible provided the contract covers the spend and activity period.
- Applicants are not required to have a doctorate to apply, but do need to hold a role at one of the levels described above.
The PIs at Wits must be academic/research staff or post-doctoral researchers who have a PhD.
Successful projects will receive up to £5,000 or roughly the equivalent of R91,300. Funding will be jointly provided by UCL and Wits.
How to apply
- Proposals are to be prepared and submitted jointly. However, only one proposal should be submitted per project.
- Before submitting your application, please read the
- Proposals must be submitted by 1 December 2021.
- Proposals must be submitted by the lead Wits academic at this link (please note only Wits academics can access this online application system through the Wits intranet).
Senior Partnership Manager (Africa and the Middle East)
Dr Mahomed Moolla
Head of Strategic Partnerships
For the latest news about UCL’s international activity, partnerships and opportunities, subscribe to the bimonthly Global Update newsletter.