UCL and Tohoku University, Japan are contributing matched funds through a call for proposals for the development of collaborative education and research initiatives.
- Research proposals must be in areas of mutual interest and complementary strengths that will strengthen the partnership between UCL and Tohoku.
- Proposals must include participants from both institutions.
- Applications from all fields are welcome but proposals related to the following fields will be prioritised: Data Science, Disaster Science, Equality and Diversity, Higher Education, Material Science, and Neuroscience.
- Up to six joint projects will be selected for funding. Proposals will be assessed by a committee composed of members from both institutions.
Who can apply?
Applications are open to UCL staff members with the following roles:
- Professor/Professorial Teaching Fellow or equivalent.
- Reader or equivalent.
- Senior Lecturer/Principal Researcher/Principal Research Associate/Senior Teaching Fellow or equivalent.
- Lecturer/Senior Research Associate/Teaching Fellow or equivalent.
- Post Doc/Researcher/Post Doc Fellow/Research Associate or equivalent – eligible provided the contract covers the spend and activity period.
- Applicants are not required to have a doctorate to apply, but do need to hold a role at one of the levels described above.
- PhD students are not eligible to apply
Up to six successful proposals will receive up to £10,000.
Funding will be jointly provided by UCL and Tohoku, with 50% going to the academic at each respective institution. However, only one application should be submitted.
How to apply
Proposals are to be prepared and submitted jointly. Before submitting your application, please read the full funding guidelines.
Apply now using the online application form.
Each proposal must be submitted by the lead UCL academic by 12 April 2019.