UCL and SJTU are pleased to invite proposals for the development of collaborative activities, in particular those related to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
Please note this funding call closed on 1 December 2021.
University College London (UCL) and Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) are contributing matching funds to support collaborative education and research initiatives through a joint call for proposals for the development of collaborative activities.
- Research proposals should be in areas of mutual interest and complementary strengths that will strengthen the partnership between UCL and SJTU.
- Proposals must include participants from both institutions.
- Proposals from all fields are welcome but proposals relating to one or more of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will be prioritised.
- Up to six joint projects will be selected for funding. Proposals will be assessed by a committee composed of members from both institutions. Priority will be given to emerging collaborations that have not previously received funding.
Applications are open to UCL staff members with the following roles:
- Professor/Professorial Research Fellow/Professor (Teaching) or equivalent
- Associate Professor/Principal Research Fellow/Associate Professor (Teaching) or equivalent
- Lecturer/Senior Research Fellow/Lecturer (Teaching) or equivalent
- Research Fellow/Associate Lecturer (Teaching) or equivalent
- Research Assistant or equivalent – eligible provided the contract covers the spend and activity period
- Applicants are not required to have a doctorate to apply, but do need to hold a role at one of the levels described above
- PhD students are not eligible to apply, but are encouraged to take part in the project
Up to six successful proposals will receive an approximate total of up to £10,000 (comprised of 5,000GBP to the UCL academic and 50,000RMB to the SJTU academic). Funding will be jointly provided by UCL and SJTU, with 50% going to the academic at each respective institution. However, only one application should be submitted.
How to apply
- Proposals are to be prepared and submitted jointly. Each proposal must be submitted by the lead SJTU academic by midnight (CST), 4pm (GMT), 1 December 2021.
- Before submitting your application, please read the
- The SJTU PI should upload the joint proposal through SJTU’s online platform (please note that this hyperlink can only be accessed by PIs from SJTU using their jAccount).
Head of Global Partnerships (Interim)
Project Manager (International Affairs Division)
For the latest news about UCL’s international activity, partnerships and opportunities, subscribe to the bimonthly Global Update newsletter.