UCL and OU are pleased to invite proposals for the development of collaborative activities in any field, as well as those aimed at addressing COVID-19
Please note this funding call closed on 12 September 2021.
Following a successful call in 2020, University College London (UCL) and Osaka University (OU) are contributing matching funds to support collaborative education and research initiatives through a joint call for proposals for the development of collaborative activities.
- Research proposals must be in areas of mutual interest and complementary strengths that will strengthen the partnership between UCL and OU.
- Proposals must include participants from both institutions.
- Proposals from all fields are welcome but those related to the following fields will be prioritised: Global Health and Wellbeing, Education, and Sustainable Urban Design and Society.
- This year, the panel also invite proposals aimed at addressing and mitigating the health, social, economic, cultural and environmental impact of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Up to six joint projects will be selected for funding. Proposals will be assessed by a committee composed of members from both institutions. Priority will be given to emerging collaborations that have not previously received funding.
Applications are open to UCL staff members with the following roles:
- Professor/Professorial Teaching Fellow or equivalent.
- Reader or equivalent.
- Senior Lecturer/Principal Researcher/Principal Research Associate/Senior Teaching Fellow or equivalent.
- Lecturer/Senior Research Associate/Teaching Fellow or equivalent.
- Post Doc/Researcher/Post Doc Fellow/Research Associate or equivalent – eligible provided the contract covers the spend and activity period.
- Applicants are not required to have a doctorate to apply, but do need to hold a role at one of the levels described above.
- PhD students are not eligible to apply, but are encouraged to take part in the project.
Up to six successful proposals will receive up to £10,000. Funding will be jointly provided by UCL and OU, with 50% going to the academic at each respective institution. However, only one application should be submitted.
How to apply
- Proposals are to be prepared and submitted jointly. Each proposal must be submitted by the lead-UCL academic by 12 September 2021.
- Before submitting your application, please read the
- Applications must be submitted to UCL at the following link:
Director Katharine Carruthers
Pro-Vice-Provost (East Asia)
Senior Partnership Manager (South East Asia, Japan & Australasia)
For the latest news about UCL’s international activity, partnerships and opportunities, subscribe to the bimonthly Global Update newsletter.