UCL and Osaka University (OU) are contributing matching funds to support collaborative education and research initiatives through a joint call for proposals for the development of collaborative activities.
- Research proposals must be in areas of mutual interest and complementary strengths that will strengthen the partnership between UCL and OU.
- Proposals must include participants from both institutions.
- Proposals from all fields are welcome but those related to the following fields will be prioritised: Global Health and Wellbeing, Education, and Sustainable Urban Design and Society.
- Up to six joint projects will be selected for funding. Proposals will be assessed by a committee composed of members from both institutions.
Applications are open to UCL staff members with the following roles:
- Professor/Professorial Teaching Fellow or equivalent.
- Reader or equivalent.
- Senior Lecturer/Principal Researcher/Principal Research Associate/Senior Teaching Fellow or equivalent.
- Lecturer/Senior Research Associate/Teaching Fellow or equivalent.
- Post Doc/Researcher/Post Doc Fellow/Research Associate or equivalent – eligible provided the contract covers the spend and activity period.
- Applicants are not required to have a doctorate to apply, but do need to hold a role at one of the levels described above.
- PhD students are not eligible to apply, but are encouraged to take part in the project.
Up to six successful proposals will receive up to £10,000. Funding will be jointly provided by UCL and OU, with 50% going to the academic at each respective institution. However, only one application should be submitted.
How to apply
- Proposals are to be prepared and submitted jointly. Each proposal must be submitted by the lead-UCL academic by 12 July 2019.
- Before submitting your application, please read the full
- Applications must be submitted to UCL via the online form
Director Katharine Carruthers
Pro-Vice-Provost (East Asia)
Senior Partnership Manager (South East Asia, Japan & Australasia)