Up to £5,000 is available per project for academic activity with partners based in Paris, Rome or Stockholm
Please note this funding call closed on 13 December 2020.
The Cities Partnerships Programme Funds are aimed at supporting academic activity involving one or more UCL individuals and a partner based in the city-regions of Rome, Paris and/or Stockholm. They are led by the programme's academic directors and are supported by its board of senior academics and the Global Engagement Office (GEO).
The Cities Partnerships Programme is UCL's flagship programme for regional engagement in Europe. Beginning in Rome, Paris and Stockholm, the programme supports, funds and promotes academic collaborations in research and education with partners in major cities.
Applications are open to UCL staff members with the following roles:
- Professor/Professorial Teaching Fellow or equivalent
- Reader/Assistant Professor or equivalent
- Senior Lecturer/Principal Researcher/Principal Research Associate/Senior Teaching Fellow or equivalent
- Lecturer/Senior Research Associate/Teaching Fellow or equivalent
- Post Doc/Researcher/Post Doc Fellow/Research Associate or equivalent.
Applicants must have an open-ended UCL contract or a fixed-term contract which lasts until at least July 2021. If an applicant has a fixed-term contract that does not last until July 2021 they can apply if their contract covers the dates in which the project/initiative is due to take place and must have a co-applicant who is a UCL staff member with an open-ended contract.
Up to £5,000 is available for each new project undertaken between January 2021 and 31 July 2021.
In exceptional cases, applicants can bid for a higher budget if the project is likely to sow the seeds of a long-term collaboration. Please get in touch with the Academic Director of the Rome programme, Professor Florian Mussgnug, the Academic Director of the Paris programme, Professor Claire Colomb, or the Academic Director of the Stockholm programme, Dr Catalina Turcu if you wish to put forward an application for a higher amount.
How to apply
- Before applying, please read the
- The deadline for applications is 23:59 UK time on 13 December 2020
- Applications must be submitted via the online application form:
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Bryan Taylor (email@example.com).
For the latest news about UCL’s international activity, partnerships and opportunities, subscribe to the bimonthly Global Update newsletter.