Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the Arctic: 5th High-Level Dialogue and Reception
6:30 pm to 8:30 pm, 22 February 2018
Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) Room, Palace of Westminster, London SW1A 0AA
Please join us for the 5th High-Level Dialogue on 'Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the Arctic'. The topic for the session is 'Communities in the Changing Arctic', and the question for discussion is: "What are the opportunities, challenges, sensitivities, responsibilities and developments that international businesses and investors should be mindful of when engaging with the Arctic?"
This event is organised by the Polar Research and Policy Initiative, in collaboration with the GGI, the UCL Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction, Guggenheim Partners, Inuit Circumpolar Council, and the International Institute for Environmental Studies at Trent University.
As the number of available places is limited, we would encourage you to sign up via Eventbrite soon.
- Okalik Eegeesiak, Chair, Inuit Circumpolar Council (ICC)
- James Pass, Senior Managing Director, Guggenheim Partners
- Terzah Tippin Poe, Lecturer, Harvard University
- Dr Heather Nicol, Professor, School of the Environment, Trent University
- Dr Jeremy Rayner, Professor and Director, Johnson Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy, University of Saskatchewan
- Dr Ilan Kelman, Reader in Risk, Resilience and Global Health, University College London
- Alice Rogoff, Co-Founder, Arctic Circle Assembly; Publisher, ArcticToday.com
- Verner Wilson III, Former Director of Natural Resources, Bristol Bay Native Association
- Chair: Dr Dwayne Ryan Menezes, Director, Polar Research and Policy Initiative