Research Degree: Healthcare Management (MPhil/PhD)
Who it's for:
- Students from a range of backgrounds with interests in the several disciplines of our cross-disciplinary academic staff and research focusing on health and healthcare management
- Exceptional students wishing to pursue careers in research, healthcare management, health services, consultancy and policy within several types of organisations
- Start date: rolling admissions
- Duration: 3 years FT or 5 years PT
- Location: London
- Apply: Applications for the MPhil/PhD are currently open and are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Cost: UK Full-time: £5,690 Part-time: £2,845 and International fees - Full-time: £26,500, Part-time: £13,230
- Scholarships: A range of scholarships are available.
Upcoming MPhil/PhD Healthcare Mangement open days
Sign up to attend on of our open days and begin your healthcare journey today!
The UCL Healthcare Management (MPhil/PhD)
Lasting three years when taken full-time, or five years if part-time, the MPhil/PhD programme is relevant to several disciplines given the cross-disciplinary academic staff and research within the GBSH. Our programme aims to provide cutting-edge, applied research and training for exceptional students so that they may successfully pursue careers in research, healthcare management, health services, consultancy and policy within several types of organisations focused on driving forward better health outcomes. MPhil/PhD research in UCL GBSH is varied and may have an international dimension, hospital or social care focus, fieldwork component, applied or theoretical with the use of data from existing studies working with our world-class academics.
UCL Healthcare Management (MPhil/PhD) for Health highlights
- Having the opportunity to audit 7 modules on the newly created DBA Health programme from September 2023 onwards
- Access to the academic expertise, networks and interdisciplinarity from across the whole of the GBSH as well as experts from the Faculty of Population Health Science to support your development and research
- Located on UCL's state-of-the-art facilities in the UCL East campus
- UCL is second in the UK for research power and is ranked first in the UK for research power specifically in the disciplines of medicine, health and life sciences (REF 2021)
- Attending a world top 10 university ranked 7th in the world for global health (Shanghai Rankings)
- The inimitable experience of London – a global city that is a leader in health and business
UCL Healthcare Management (MPhil/PhD) for Health Graduate takeaways
On completion of this programme you will have:
- an enhanced understanding of the intersection between health and business
- substantial research and analytical skills and methodologies to use when designing a research project
- research skills as a competent researcher capable of undertaking doctoral research relevant to applied research in healthcare management
- ability to conceptualize, design and implement projects for the generation and dissemination of research insights
- ability to use an evidence base to make informed decisions on complex issues
- skills to critically evaluate advanced academic work
- self-discipline for self-directed learning and reflective practice for life-long learning
- effective written and verbal communication skills, which support information and data management
- knowledge of the ethical, legal and regulatory issues associated with healthcare research
UCL Research Scholarships
UCL’s Research Scholarship schemes are now closed for 2022/23 entry. Available scholarships include:
Scholarships will reopen next academic year.
Please see below for further details