- Graduate Scholarships & Awards
- Overseas Graduate Scholarships & Awards
- Graduate School Funding
- Faculty Institute of Graduate Study (FIGS) Funding
- Wolfson Scholarships
- Leverhulme Trust Early Careers Fellowships
For specific opportunities for programmes and research within the Centre for Multicultural & Interdisciplinary Inquiry (CMII), visit Funding, Studentships & Prizes
Gender Studies MPhil/ PhD
Applicants with excellent qualifications in a relevant humanities or social science field are encouraged to send a research proposal to the convenor of the Gender Studies programme, Professor Ann Varley.
Your proposal, of 1,000-1,500 words, should address the following areas:
- your research aims and questions
- some discussion of existing scholarship on the subject
- a clear statement about your methodological approach
- if you wish, a provisional chapter outline.
You should send your proposal, along with a short c.v., to Ann Varley <email@example.com> before submitting a formal application.
We normally expect PhD applicants to have a First or very high Upper Second in their first degree (or equivalent) and a Distinction or indication of distinction-level work at Masters level (or equivalent). All PhD applicants should present a convincing, well-argued and carefully formulated proposal and should have excellent standards of academic English.
For those candidates planning to apply for funding, initial contact should be made in October or November where the deadline for funding is January. For further information about funding, please see the CMII funding pages.