Information about Purchasing at UCL can be found within the MyFinance Online Help pages.
- Once on the homepage, expand the section you need e.g. 'iProcurement - Requisitions'.
- Then click the '+' sign next to the section heading and this will expand the section to provide further information on that topic e.g. 'Introduction to Purchasing at UCL'.
- Where there are other '+' icons, click to expand the section further to access other topics e.g. 'Understand the Purchase to Pay process', 'Introduction to Requisitions' etc.
- Select the topic you need and then you will have the option to 'Try It!', click this.
- The system will take you through a step by step guide, showing the screens and where to click etc.
Product Category in iProcurement - Goods or Services
You must choose the correct category, Goods or Services, when creating a requisition. In general, goods are physical items and services are less tangible, i.e. labour, legal services, or courier costs.
It is very important that the correct category is chosen because it impacts on the reports produced for H M Revenue & Customs (HMRC).When asked to enter a value of either Goods or Services there seems to be some confusion around what constitutes services.
- Goods tend to be physical tangible items whereas services are not. To help users please see below for types of services.
- This is not a definitive list, if you are not sure please contact the MyFinance helpdesk or Carolyn Kirkham email@example.com for guidance.
- List of Services
Note re: Life Technologies - adding Quote information or Promotional codes
If you need to add quote information or promotional codes for Life Technologies orders the correct procedure is to use the attachments functionality in iProcurement which will then ensure the quote information appears in the correct place.
Important: you must not add quote information or promotional codes as part of the line description as this does not get picked by Life Technologies. If you do this Life Technologies has said they will not apply the quote/promotional code and you will be charged the full price.
Other useful information
For lists of the following, please visit the Data & Codes page:
- Purchasing Categories
- Expenses Categories
- Deliver To locations (and how to request a new location or amend one)
- Suppliers enabled for electronic ordering