The ExCiteS team works on various projects, with the core philosophy of working alongside the research community. Our focus on Citizen Science and related topics helps improve and extend our scientific approach to "Extreme Citizen Science". This allows us to maximise our research contributions and enable engagement with communities that can benefit at a global scale.
Doing it Together Science (DITOs)
DITOs is a European-wide project focused on promoting change in the way the public engages with science and innovation through Citizen Science.
WeGovNow uses innovative technologies to overcome limitations of existing digital tools in the context of citizen reporting, e-participation, and citizen-government communication.
Challenging RISK (Resilience by Integrating Societal and Technical Knowledge) is concerned with socially integrated mitigation of multiple structural risks in the urban environment.
- Past Projects
- Mapping the Material Practices of Participatory Sensing
- Mobile Gaming Citizen Science Biodiversity and Conservation
- Engagement in Publicly Initiated Scientific Research
- From Non-Literate Data Collection to Intelligent Maps
- The Conservation Volunteers (TCV)
- Citizen CyberLab
- Mapping Fear of Crime
- Human-Centred Design of Web-based Hospital Data Analysis Software
- Harnessing Enthusiasm: tree health, ecosocialities and citizens as early-warning systems
- Adaptable Suburbs
- Google Earth Tours
- Trust in Web GIS for Public Engagement: The case of nuclear waste disposal in the UK
- Online Public Crime Mapping: Public Usefulness and Trust Perceptions