Welcome to the UCL European Institute, UCL's hub for research, collaboration and information on Europe and the European Union.
UCL European Institute
- Current Projects
- Media Gallery
- Find an Expert on Europe
Professor Laborde warns against the reactivist response to
the Paris murders: they misunderstand the role played by free speech and by laïcité. Further, they allow criminals to
set the term of the debate on how to better facilitate Muslim integration if
Professor Cécile Laborde
26 February 2015 More...
Starts: Feb 26, 2015 12:00:00 AM
Eeckhout revisits the question of EU reform, including different options for
and legal as well as political constraints of such reform.
Professor Piet Eeckhout
20 January 2015 More...
Starts: Jan 20, 2015 12:00:00 AM
Prof. Dame Julia Goodfellow examines the role of EU research collaboration and funding in sustaining and fostering research excellence in the UK.
Professor Dame Julia Goodfellow
9 February 2015 More...
Starts: Feb 7, 2015 12:00:00 AM
Junior Research Forum
Each year, we support a number of advanced research students – MA students, PhD candidates and postdoctoral fellows – to work together to explore common research interests related to Europe broadly conceived.
Call for 2014-2015
A new call for proposals for the academic year 2014-15 is out now.
We invite proposals from groups of at least two students, who aim to develop new research output, or seek to raise the profile and impact of their research. Proposed projects may be formulated in response to current affairs or address long-standing research questions. Collaboration between students based in different UCL departments is particularly encouraged. Funding of up to £1000 plus some administrative assistance is available per project.
Current Projects (2014-15)
Typical projects eligible for funding include:
- organising a research conference, a seminar series, workshop(s), or a public panel discussion
- convening a reading or discussion group
- costs associated with working groups leading to written research output (publication, working paper, report)
- costs associated with research activity (e.g. travel, interviews) leading to an event, feeding into a reading/discussion group or resulting in a co-authored publication
- public engagement activities and collaborations with external non-academic institutions
Highlights of past projects funded under the Junior Research Forum: