Shaping and informing policy
UCL research and expertise in Europe have had a transformative impact across the continent, in areas from the rule of law to the regulation of artificial intelligence, from Brexit to Russia’s war on Ukraine.
Explore how UCL ideas inform policy across the globe, through a bank of case studies, searchable by region and by policy partner
Informing EU policymaking
Access practical guidance on informing EU policymaking and learn more about UCL experts’ experiences
> view UCL Public Policy resources
- Providing expertise on innovation policies in the EU and in Central and Eastern Europe
- Shaping the legal framework for Brexit
- Advising EU candidate countries on the scope and effect of informal practices
- Transforming lifelong learning
- Giving evidence on Albanians crossing the channel
- Shaping public policy on Russia, Ukraine and Eastern Europe
- Securing Elections, Defending Democracy, and Protecting Human Rights
- Pioneering mission-oriented approaches to policy-making
- A Citizen's Assembly on Brexit
Hear from the experts
Dr Michael Veale, UCL Faculty of Laws
Professor Slavo Radošević, UCL SSEES
> See more videos on Informing EU policymaking as a researcher
A forum for debate
As a world-leading, global university in the heart of London, UCL hosts and convenes discussions with influential figures in European politics and policy on a regular basis.
Students and researchers at UCL hence have direct access not only to a rich eco-system of academic experts, but also to influential decision-makers tackling some of Europe’s most pressing policy challenges.
To learn more about practice-informed teaching and wider opportunities relating to Europe available to students at UCL visit Student Experience