We're hiring a Communications and Outreach Intern
11 October 2021
The UCL European Institute is seeking to appoint an intern to support and promote our work via social media, websites, newsletters and blogs.
Do you have experience in communications and social media, strong writing and editing skills, and an interest in the study of Europe across the disciplines?
Then we'd love to hear for you. We're looking for an intern to join our team.
Read more about the job here:
You would support and promote our work via social media accounts, websites, newsletters and blogs. You would also help with event organisation and developing our broader communications and outreach strategy.
Your duties would include:
- Maintaining the UCL European Institute website and European Voices website
- Creating and distributing regular email newsletters
- Using social media to promote events and outputs
- Commissioning, copy editing and posting content on the UCL Europe Blog
- Possibly help in producing podcasts and videos
- Copy editing
We're looking for someone with:
- An interest in Europe and European affairs – politics, arts and culture, history, migration
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong grasp of social media platforms – their strengths and how to use them to effectively promote events and outputs
- Basic graphic design abilities
- Experience using content management systems (Drupal/Wordpress experience a plus)
- Ability to self-start and comfortable pitching ideas
- Professional communication skills
- A strong undergraduate degree, some postgraduate experience desirable
Circa. 5 hours per week, depending on specific needs, projects and events. This is an As and When contract with flexible working patterns.
The postholder would start in November 2021 and work until July 2022. Pay: Grade 5, spine point 15 (£13.51/hour).