Welcome to the UCL European Institute, UCL's hub for research, collaboration and information on Europe and the European Union.
UCL European Institute
Professor Laborde warns against the reactivist response to
the Paris murders: they misunderstand the role played by free speech and by laïcité. Further, they allow criminals to
set the term of the debate on how to better facilitate Muslim integration if
Professor Cécile Laborde
26 February 2015 More...
Starts: Feb 26, 2015 12:00:00 AM
Eeckhout revisits the question of EU reform, including different options for
and legal as well as political constraints of such reform.
Professor Piet Eeckhout
20 January 2015 More...
Starts: Jan 20, 2015 12:00:00 AM
Prof. Dame Julia Goodfellow examines the role of EU research collaboration and funding in sustaining and fostering research excellence in the UK.
Professor Dame Julia Goodfellow
9 February 2015 More...
Starts: Feb 7, 2015 12:00:00 AM
THBT: Britain should leave the European Union
25 February 2013
See below for recording the debate debate on Britain’s membership of the EU which has become one of the biggest national issues of our time, with passionate advocates campaigning for very different visions of Britain’s future in a globalising world.
- Mark Reckless MP: Conservative MP for Rochester and Strood.
- Alexandra Swann: Telegraph blogger and UKIP activist.
- Lawrence Webb: Leading member of UKIP, former London Chairman and Mayoral candidate.
- Katinka Barysch: Deputy Director of the Centre for European Reform in London
- Sir Stephen Wall: Former UK Diplomat and Chair of the UCL Council.
- Peter Wilding: Founder and Director of British Influence, a new independent advocacy campaign that wants Britain to lead in Europe.
With the support of the Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Union.
Page last modified on 12 nov 13 14:05