Europe and the World: A Law Review (Launch Event)
19 June 2017, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm
UCL Laws and UCL Press are co-hosting a launch event for the new European legal affairs journal 'Europe and the World: A Law Review'.
Monday 19th June, 6.00-7.00pm
Monday 19th June
Gustav Tuck Lecture Theatre
Europe and the World - A Law Review aims to contribute to legal scholarship on the place of Europe in the world, with a particular but by no means exclusive focus on the EU's external relations law.
The journal serves as a forum where the national, international and EU perspectives meet and engage. The journal is therefore irreverent of traditional distinctions between EU, international, and national law. While primarily offering legal doctrinal and theoretical analyses, the journal also publishes multi-disciplinary work and political science and international relations contributions with an external perspective on the law of EU's external relations.
The first issue includes four articles and an editorial:
- 'Making Transnational Markets: The institutional politics behind the TTIP', (Marija Bartl).
- 'The EU and International Dispute Settlement' (Allan Rosas).
- 'Of Presidents, High Representatives and European Commissioners: The external representation of the European Union seven years after Lisbon', (Frank Hoffmeister).
- '(Not) Losing Out from Brexit', (Annette Schrauwen).
- Keynote speaker: Prof. Miguel Poiares Maduro (European University Institute)
- Chair: Caroline Wilson (Europe Director, Foreign and Commonwealth Office)
This event is free and open to all but tickets are limited. Book your place here.