Pedestrian safety is the top priority across our Bloomsbury campus. Therefore, all vehicle access is restricted and must be booked in advance using the UCL vehicle management booking form.
A limited number of parking spaces on Woburn Sq are permitted for MIP, VIP and specific contractors with a proven operationally critical need, however, there is no guarantee of a space. These spaces are on the street level and parking here is at your own risk. UCL can not be held responsible for vehicles or belongings at this car park. Due to the limited space available on campus, it is not possible for the University to meet the parking needs of staff and students. Annual parking permits can be purchased and will be allocated depending upon operational priorities. Drivers are encouraged to park off-campus in the Pay & Display car parks surrounding University College London.
Access to the Woburn Square parking spaces is restricted to vehicles carrying an official car parking permit applied via the Logiscope booking form as outlined in the tabs below.
- Parking Traffic Management Policy
In the interests of pedestrian safety and to allow the free movement of vehicles and access to buildings in emergencies, it is important that drivers park only in allocated parking spaces, not on the double yellow lines adjacent to the park and crosshatching north and south of the parking area. Maintenance of safe access routes for emergency vehicles and cyclists is a top priority for UCL and obtrusive parking is, therefore, strictly prohibited.
Failure to abide by this Parking Policy will result in the withdrawal of the car park permit and may result in the issuing of a Parking Charge Notice and/or clamping if deemed appropriate.
- Logiscope - Parking Vehicle Management and Monitoring system guidelines
These bays will be controlled by UCL security with frequent inspections by UCL Logistics. Vehicles not displaying a valid University car parking permit will be subject to the conditions above.
Vehicle booking system rules/guidelines;
- Upon completing the form (below) you will receive a Parking Permit via email. Please provide security guard on arrival to Woburn Square and display on the dashboard.
- Woburn Square Parking address: 17–18 Woburn Square, London WC1H 0AA (Eastside, closest to the Institute of Education).
3mph speed limit
- Vehicles must not cause obstruction or danger to traffic or pedestrians, for example by double parking or stopping on corners
- Vehicles must not park on the cross-hatched road markings
- All bookings must be made the day before by 2pm for next day vehicle entry requests. Any bookings after 2pm will be rejected unless deemed as an emergency and business-critical. Late bookings will be rejected at the entrance so do not attempt vehicle entry unless approved.
- If you require extended parking you must explain the reasoning in detail under ‘Additional Information’.