The Population Health MSc provides you with the key skills for a career in public health, and provides the opportunity to progress your career in a range of parallel areas.
To find out core information about this degree, such as entry requirements, programme length and cost, visit the UCL prospectus site.
Due to high number of applications we received in recent years, we may need to close applications before the formal application deadline of 30 July 2021. We strongly encourage applicants to apply early.
Module information is available via the links below (pdf). You will take four compulsory modules, four optional modules and a dissertation/report.
- Dissertation in Population Health (IEHC0004)
- Health Systems in a Global Context (GLBH0023)
- Epidemiology (IEHC0045)
- Basic Statistics for Medical Sciences (IEHC0046)
- Core Concepts in Population Health (IEHC0047)
Choose up to four of the following:
- Key Principles of Health Economics (GLBH0010)
- Urban Health (GLBH0026)
- Evaluating Interventions (GLBH0027)
- Homeless and Inclusion Health (IEHC0039)
- Advanced Statistical Modelling (IEHC0044)
- The Social Determinants of Global Health (IEHC0048)
- Health Inequalities over the Lifecourse (IEHC0049)
- Regression Modelling (IEHC0050)
- Research Methods for Social Epidemiology (IEHC0051)
- Immunisation and Communicable Diseases (CHLD0059)
- Key Issues in Health Service Delivery, Policy and Management (IEHC0083)
- Public Health in Practice (IEHC0084) - (Please note this module is suspended for the 2020/21 academic year)
- Ethnicity, Migration and Health (IEHC0070) - (Please note this module is suspended for the 2020/21 academic year)
Please note that the list of modules given here is indicative. This information is published a long time in advance of enrolment and module content and availability is subject to change.