Many former students have become chief dental officers, dental public health academics and planners in their own countries.
Many of our completing students go on to work within governing bodies, healthcare institutions and local dentist practices. A large number also go on to academic careers and commence research degrees within their specified areas of interest at various higher education institutes around the world.
Within the UK, several of our past students are now lecturers in dental public health, while others are consultants in dental public health working at Public Health England.
We take our responsibility to help you progress your career path very seriously.
Whether or not you know what you want to do when you complete your qualification, the programme staff and UCL's Careers service offer a tailored service to help advise you, guide you and inspire you.
We offer a series of Careers Consultant led information sessions specifically aimed at Master's Degree students, which will be useful to you whether your aim is to get a job on completion of your course or if you are aiming to stay in academia. A range of topics are covered and you are welcome to attend all or some of them. These include:
- You will also have access to the following support via UCL's Careers service:Planning Your Job Hunt
- How to Find and Fund a PhD
- Writing Effective Applications
- Applying for a PhD
- Using Social Media with Impact
- Succeeding at Interviews & Assessment Centres
- PhD Interviews
- Advice and Guidance (one-to-one appointments for cv writing)
- Events and Workshops (careers fairs and sector themed careers weeks)
- Find A Job (UCL JobOnline and UCLAlert!)
- Alumni Profiles
To find out more information on what support is available to you, visit UCL's Careers Service Guide (pdf)