Staff parents and carers
UCL offers enhanced benefits for UCL Staff who are carers or have children.
- Enhanced Maternity pay
- Enhanced Adoptoion Pay
- Enhanced leave for carers
- Workplace Nursery
- Advice on caring duties
IEHC acknowledges that its staff, students and visitors are most productive when they have achieved a work-life balance that enables them to meet their responsibilities outside work.
- Find a comprehensive list of links to UCL policies on flexible working, parental leave, child care and staff benefits
- New UCL staff guidance on supporting working parents and carers
- Maternity/ Paternity
- Leave for Domestic and Personal reasons
- Updated UCL Work Life Balance Policy
- Parents and Carers Together (PACT) Network presentation - Leave entitlement at UCL (PDF); video lecturecast of the session
UCL Parents and Carers Together (PACT) is a volunteer-led grassroots network that brings parents and carers together on one platform to address the needs of a diverse community. The network directly meets the second strategic objective of the UCL 2020 Strategy: to 'improve the consistency of experience and support of staff and students around pregnancy, maternity, paternity, childcare and caring responsibilities.'
If you're a student and a parent UCL can provide support and facilities to help you manage your studies alongside family life, including nursery care and family accommodation.